FLAMMABLES HANDLING TRAINING
Lithium Oil & Gas can develop customised flammable gas (class 2) and flammable liquid (class 3) handling training for your facility. The training will help to ensure your facility is handling these materials in line with the requirements of the relevant Australian standards as well as the state dangerous goods codes of practice.
Why Do We Need Training?
What Will We Learn?
These customised training packages vary from customer to customer depending on their needs but can cover the full range of flammable gas and liquid safe handling requirements. Course content can include but is not limited to the following topics:
- Basics chemical properties and explosion or combustion characteristics,
- Interpretation of MSDS for flammable gases and liquids,
- Signage and identification requirements,
- Storage requirements,
- Importance of ventilation and airflow in materials handling areas,
- Introduction to hazardous areas,
- Spill control, spill containment and bund management,
- Intrinsically safe equipment and Ex certification,
- Static control and other hidden ignition sources
- Equipment maintenance requirements
- Isolation procedures
- Emergency response
- Risk Assessment
- Record keeping
- Separation and segregation requirements
Which Industries Can Benefit From This Training?
Any industries that handle, process or store flammable gases or liquids can benefit from this training:
- Spray painting facilities
- Fibre glassing facilities
- Paint manufacturers
- Pharmaceutical facilities
- Chemical plants
- Power generation facilities
- Sewage treatment farms
- Waste oil facilities
- Petrol stations and fuel dispensaries
- Warehouses and storage areas
- Engineering workshops