AS 1940 Audit
Our Hazardous area auditors hold Australian AS/NZS 4761 and internationally recognised certification under the IECEx CoPC certification scheme and are certified in Hazardous Area Auditing, Classification, Design and Inspection. Our team can undertake a detailed examination of your flammable and combustible liquids storage facilities to ensure it is compliant and safe to operate, giving our customers piece of mind knowing their facility is compliant to AS 1940.
WHAT IS AS/1940 ?
DO I HAVE TO COMPLY WITH AS/1940 ?
WHAT GETS CHECKED IN AN AS 1940 AUDIT?
- Facilities’ general design, construction and layout.
- Suitability of construction materials and techniques in areas requiring firewalls and vapour barriers.
- Requirements for safety signage and notices.
- Requirements for material segregation, spill containment and liquid overflow protection.
- Storage tanks installation including venting, bunds and compounds, tank fill points.
- Facility security.
- Suitability of piping, valves and pumps.
- Vehicle loading and unloading areas.
- Facility procedures for safe operation, including standard operating procedures, emergency response procedures, and procedures relating to high-risk tasks.
- Staff training.
- Document control and site record keeping.
- Management of site waste.
- Staff Training.
- Hazardous area assessments, classifications and Ex equipment selection.