Lithium Oil & Gas can train students as well as hold the exams required for you to achieve your IECEx CoPC. Lithium Oil & Gas can complete training and exams internationally or anywhere in Australia upon request, these exams will then be marked by an independent approved IECEx Certified Body who will then issue an IECEx CoPC (certification of personnel competence) if the required pass mark is achieved.
WHAT IS IECEX CoPC
The IECEx scheme for CoPC (certification of personnel competence) scheme was developed to ensure employers and employees have the required knowledge to safely undertake tasks in a hazardous area. The scheme uses the principles of conformity assessment to ensure the validity and integrity of the results.
WHY DO I NEED IECEX CoPC?
The IECEx CoPC is an internationally recognised certification scheme. The scheme issues certifications for people who have the competence, qualifications and experience to work in the relevant hazardous area fields. The IECEx CoPC gives hazardous area engineers, technicians, installers, maintainers and inspectors a global reach by providing a centralised hazardous area competency certification scheme.
IS IECEx CoPC RECOGNISED IN AUSTRALIA?
IECEx CoPC is recognised in Australia. The competency of staff working in a hazardous area in Australia is covered by AS/NZS 60079.14.The standard states that competency can be demonstrated by holding the IECEx CoPC certification with ANZ endorsement.
“Competency may be demonstrated in accordance with the IECEx CoPC scheme with ANZ endorsement or AS/NZS 4761.1, Competencies for working with electrical equipment for hazardous areas (EEHA), or an equivalent training and assessment framework.”
AS/NZS 60079.14:2017 Clause 4.5
IECEx CoPC UNITS ARE AVAILABLE
Lithium Oil & Gas can train and facilitate the exams for the following IECEx CoPC units:
- Unit Ex 000 – Basic knowledge and awareness to enter a site which includes a classified hazardous area
- Unit Ex 001 – Apply basic principles of protection in explosive atmospheres
- Unit Ex 002 – Perform classification of hazardous areas
- Unit Ex 003 – Install explosion-protected equipment and wiring systems
- Unit Ex 004 – Maintain equipment in explosive atmospheres
- Unit Ex 005 – Overhaul and repair of explosion-protected equipment
- Unit Ex 006 – Test electrical installations in or associated with explosive atmospheres
- Unit Ex 007 – Perform visual and close inspection of electrical installations in or associated with explosive atmospheres
- Unit Ex 008 – Perform detailed inspection of electrical installations in or associated with explosive atmospheres
- Unit Ex 009 – Design electrical installations in or associated with explosive atmospheres
- Unit Ex 010 – Perform audit inspection of electrical installations in or associated with explosive atmospheres